This Policy Privacy explains how Signe Louka treats the information received relating to its Users’ activity on the Web site.
Types of information received
Signe Louka collect information on Users: personal information and non-personal information. This information is collected notably when the User :
- participates in a contest or promotion ;
- requests information on Signe Louka products
- sends Signe Louka questions or comments ;
- navigates the Web site ;
- purchases products.
Collecting personal information on the Web site
Signe Louka may collect personal information on Users when doing so relates to the use of the Web site.
‘‘Personal information’’ is information which identifies physical persons, such as their name, contact information, address, email, telephone number, bill number, financial information, etc. Signe Louka collects personal information when Users agree to provide it upon subscribing with Signe Louka, notably when they decide to subscribe to a newsletter, when purchasing products, or when submitting a request via the Web site.
Using personal information
Signe Louka treats the personal information of all persons it interacts with seriously. Signe Louka strictly limits the collecting of personal information to that required for conducting business.
Signe Louka can use the personal information collected on the Web site for the following purposes:
- providing products and services or information requested by the Users, to communicate with them in order to respond to a question
- to inform Users about news, updates, information or special offers, but the sending of these electronic messages. The user can, at any time, ask Signe Louka to remove their address from Signe Louka electronic message sending list ;
- Signe Louka can also use the personal information if it has reasonable cause to believe it can be used for an inquest regarding the violation of a federal, provincial or foreign law, or to ensure the protection or defense of a legal interest.
Communicating personal information
Signe Louka agrees not to render public, sell, rent or share personal information to any party.
Signe Louka will only communicate personal information to a third party in the following circumstances :
- the User expressly authorizes Mondou to communicate the information provided for a specific purpose ;
- in compliance with the provisions that apply to the sale of products, to facilitate the rendering of the service in question or the sale of products, namely for the purpose of satisfying legal obligations ;
- if Signe Louka is engaged to provide personal information in response to a properly authorized judicial order, to subpoena documents, to an inquest by authorities, or when such is otherwise required by law. Mondou also reserves the right to inform authorities of the law of any activity Signe Louka truthfully believes to be illegal. Signe Louka may communicate certain personal information when it deems such communication to be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, the goods or the security of a third party as well as that of Mondou or to ensure the User’s obligations to Mondou are upheld.
Using non-personal information
Signe Louka uses non-personal information for following up on a visit to the Web site and for improving use, performing statistical analyses on the overall characteristics and habits of Users, measuring the demographic variables and interests of Users relating to specific products and services, describing these products and determining how and where the application of Signe Louka resources can be used most effectively. No personal information is divulged regarding these activities.
This non-personal information is necessary in order for Signe Louka to collect the personal information required for counting the number of visitors, most visited pages, technology used by the customers of the Web site, sourcing sites and Users’ home countries.